Notary services are provided to American and non-U.S. citizens, who need to have documents notarized for use in the United States.
All notarial services require an online appointment. To schedule an appointment for notarial services, please click here.
You must bring to your appointment:
- Your passport as proof of identification and citizenship;
- Evidence of a name change if the name in your passport differs from the name on the documents you wish to have notarized;
- Payment for your service's fee. Click here for more information on notarial service fees. Fees for Consular Services (PDF 138KB)
- Accompanying witnesses, when needed, as the Consular staff is not permitted to serve as witnesses. All witnesses must provide proof of identification.
Due to U.S. Government regulations, we cannot notarize, legalize, or authenticate the following:
- U.S. state-issued documents for use in other countries (e.g. U.S. birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates)
- Certified copies of original non-U.S. documents
- Certified copies of non-original documents