Skip Global Navigation to Main Content

In general, for academic students attending a university, college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory or other academic institutions, including a language training program, an F visa is the appropriate category. 

For students attending vocational or other recognized nonacademic institutions, other than a language training program, an M visa is generally the appropriate category.   

Application Procedures

If there are no appointments available, please try back another time.  Individuals with urgent situations may request an expedited visa appointment

Required Documentation & Application Fees

Each applicant for a student visa must submit these forms and documentation as explained below:

In addition to all of the documentation requirements explained above, the following original documentation is also suggested:

Additional Documentation

Applicants must demonstrate that they are properly classifiable as visitors under U.S. law by:

Do not have supporting documentation faxed, e-mailed, or sent to the Embassy; it will be thrown away. Bring all supporting documentation with you for the interview.

Returning Students

All applicants applying for renewals must:

Returning students enrolled in a program that is starting in the very near future, may request an expedited appointment

All applicants applying for renewals must submit: